Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sample Out

I haven't had much feedback from the lit. journals so... fuck 'em. I'll just put a few of my favorites on here for you all to enjoy. The journals consider this "publication" and unqualified for publication but at least I can count on this for some commentary. I have 296 poems I consider finished and here are a few that I hold dear to the over-worked piece of coal burning in my chest. I'm fucking with you, it's a heart. Only a heart; blood and muscle pushing oxygen.

I'll start with the latest piece of work, something I don't remember writing after a night of drinking shots of rum (I hate rum) with a good friend.



Atlas


There are two cats
somewhere between
my legs
a man that likes men
a woman
doing laundry
I have to piss
thank God
for nothing
while I open another
beer
It seems like the world
could fall on it's own
axis
If it were up to me
I would offer
to hold it
up

A few bubbles
small eyes
and whatever else
can fit
down the toilet
in one
flush 


Now a favorite from the early works (Not that long ago) 



JC


sleeping on a cross
with grape vines full
of black buds
crawling up the ankles
wrists and neck
HE sees all
the crowd
sneeze, and itch
their balls and tits
pick scabs
off fat bellies
Pussies
full of infection
Mothers are
daughters and cousins
Fathers with
sweat dripping off
their dicks
Moaning for more
forgiveness
and preying on
the way out


That is all for now. It's 2 in the morning and I have other things to do than push poems on blogger. More at another time if it calls for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment