Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This Isn't August! Only A Glimpse. I Hate People That Say "Glimpse"


Brooke, I have to email back a journal about having a tiny little poem published sometime around Aug. 21. I mean it, the poem is four lines and wasn't even the best one I sent them, so I'm not emailing to brag or anything. I'm emailing because they asked in my response for author info to be included in the publication... including "your Twitter handle (if you have one), so we can promote you there on the big day." All I'm asking is if I should make an account or not specifically for this occurrence. Would it be worth it? I have to reply to them by the 9th (2 days) and the "edition" is "published" on the 21st. Don't you have to build up followers beforehand on Twitter before it matters if someone is promoting anything? Well, that's what I need to know. And don't be biased, I know you think I should get an account anyway. Just asking if I should even worry about having one by the 21st. Hah! Ridiculous. By the way, my new phone is in the mail and Sprint says it's worth nearly $600. A Nexus I think? I don't know. So hell has frozen over. Let me know what you think about Twitter when you get this. I gotta email the bastards back soon!








Jo****,

I'm glad to see that "Shoreside Shells" is to be published at F*** and T*****. I thoroughly enjoy your publication. In response to the congratulatory email I received, I happily accept the terms that were identified at the bottom. I would like my name to appear as Brandon T. Roach. If I provided an author bio with my submission that will work fine. My only request is that a link to the following site be provided.

http://riflemyheadoff.blogspot.com/

If I did not provide an author bio in my original submission, the following would be acceptable:

"Brandon T. Roach of Kansas is the proud son of a garbage man and a wet nurse; their collective influence is present in many of his poems. This is his second appearance at Four and Twenty."

My Twitter handle is BrandonTRoach

Also, I may have missed a single space in my submission of "Shoreside Shells" in the part "stones,death". That is how it appeared on my copy of the submission. Leave it, fix it, it does not matter to me. I only thought I would point it out.

Thanks again,
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment